Among my skills and curses, you can find:
- Avid reader from an early age in Spanish and English language. More information on the review section of my blog and on my Goodreads profile.
- Knowledge of fiction genre, since it is the one that I read the most, in particular: fantasy and young adult fiction.
- Related courses:
- Literary translation. Cálamo y Cran. Online, soon.
- Online seminar on “Comic translation”. Sociedad Española de Lenguas Modernas (SELM). Online, June 2015.
- Style in Spanish course “Corrección y estilo en español”. Coursera and Universidad Autónoma de Barcelona. Online, June 2014.
- Crafting an Effective Writer: Tools of the Trade. Coursera and Mt. San Jacinto College (CA, EE. UU.). Online, October 2013.
Literary translation sample
I have translated so far:
- Un motivo para matar by Erin Kingman: a short cozy mistery story of 10,000 words. You can have a preview in Amazon.
I would also like to mention here the dissertation for my bacherlor’s degree, El género de la adivinanza: análisis y traducción (available on request). The main focus was on the translation of children poetry.
Should you have any other question after reading the information, please do not hesitate to contact me. I will answer as soon as possible.